Can you make money from your social media? (After all, you put enough blood, sweat, and tears into making it thrive.) The answer is yes!
Social media is time-consuming. Can all the hours you spend posting, commenting, and interacting on social media really turn into solid sales?
I’m going to show you eight ways that you can turn social media into money.
1. Attract the Right Audience
It’s easy to make the mistake of jumping straight into sales. After all, you are a business, you need to make money.
But if you don’t have an audience, those sales posts will never get seen.
Audience building needs to become a key part of your social media strategy. But how do you do it and how to you ensure you are attracting the right people, the people who want to buy and talk about you to your social accounts?
Start with a persona
A persona is a picture of your ideal customer.
It will tell you:
- Key demographics about your target audience
- What they are interested in
- The problems they have that you solve
Here’s a list of tools that can help you create your customer persona.
Your persona doesn’t have to be detailed to help you create content.
- If you are a pub in Dublin, you know you want to appeal to people who live in Dublin.
- If you are a sports bar, you will want to attract people who enjoy sports.
- A dance club will want to attract people who like dance music.